• Inquiring - identifying, exploring and clarifying information.
• Analysing, synthesising and evaluating information.
Personal and social capability
• Social awareness.
• Social management.
• Exploring values, rights and ethical principles.
Students will develop a knowledge, deep understanding and respect for Aboriginal peoples' and Torres Strait Islander peoples'
history and culture and build awareness that their histories are part of a shared history belonging to all Australians.
The embedding of Aboriginal peoples' and Torres Strait Islander peoples' perspectives into the curriculum requires more than
addressing curriculum and pedagogy. To ensure holistic learning, teachers need to address the other realms of the Embedding
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives in schools (EATSIPS) framework. These are:
• Personal and professional accountability
• Community engagement
• Organisational environment.
For further information refer to Delivering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Perspectives in the classroom