• Identify points of view in the past and present.
• Develop texts, particularly narratives and descriptions, which incorporate source materials.
• Use a range of communication forms (oral, graphic, written) and digital technologies.
Monitoring student learning
Student learning should be monitored throughout the teaching and learning process to determine student progress and learning needs.
Each lesson provides opportunities to gather evidence about how students are progressing and what they need to learn next.
Specific monitoring opportunities in this unit may include:
Collect information about students' ability to:
• use historical terms and concepts appropriately
• sequence historical events and developments
• locate information in provided sources
• examine and compare sources to find similarities and differences in the past
• demonstrate historical knowledge and understandings when responding to focus and inquiry questions.
Consult with students about their ability to:
• locate relevant information in provided sources
• organise and record information from these sources
• draft and edit written answers and responses
• select and use historical information effectively in responses