• The impact of a significant development or event on a colony; for example, frontier conflict, the gold rushes, the Eureka
Stockade, internal exploration, the advent of rail, the expansion of farming, drought.
• The role that a significant individual or group played in shaping a colony; for example, explorers, farmers, entrepreneurs,
artists, writers, humanitarians, religious and political leaders, and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Chronology, terms and concepts
• Sequence historical people and events.
• Use historical terms and concepts.
Historical questions and research
• Identify questions to inform an historical inquiry.
• Identify and locate a range of relevant sources.
Analysis and use of sources
• Locate information related to inquiry questions in a range of sources.
• Compare information from a range of sources.