SL 6.1. Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher ed) with diverse partners on grade 6 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
SL 6.2. Interpret information presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how it contributes to a topic, text, or issue under study.
Comprehension and Collaboration
SL.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
SL.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
SL.3 Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
19. Use multiple primary and secondary sources to describe world civilizations (H-1AM4)
20. Identify historical issues or problems in world civilizations and discuss how they were addressed (H-1A-M5)
21. Conduct historical research using a variety of resources to answer historical questions related to world civilizations (H-1A-M6)
31. Describe the events that led to U.S. involvement in World War I (H-1B-H10)
32. Identify and describe significant events and issues during World War I (H-1B-H10)
33. Identify and explain the consequences of World War I, in terms of changes in U.S foreign and domestic policies during the 1920s (e.g., Treaty of Versailles, Wilson’s Fourteen Points, League of Nations) (H-1B-H11)
Activities and Materials:
Incorporate multimedia and technology.
Incorporate resources beyond the school curriculum texts.
Analyze problems from multiple perspectives and viewpoints.
The teacher sometimes develops learning experiences where inquiry, curiosity and exploration are valued.
Title of Conference
WWI- The Forgotten War
Students will discover the causes and affects of WWI. Technology advancement and WWI Propaganda will be explored.
-Participants will explore the causes and affects of WWI.
-Participants will engage in a discussion on the use of technology in WWI.
1. Program starts with causes of the War.
2. Discussion of technology used during the War.
3. Discussion of war's outcome.
4. Questions and answers.