Write the name of the person who matches each description. 17. He was a Union general who captured Atlanta in 1864. He burned and destroyed cities, farms, and industries in Georgia as he marched from Atlanta to Savannah.
18. He was Lee’s most gifted general. He helped Lee win key battles, often leading his troops to cover many miles of territory in a single day. He earned his nickname at the 1st Battle of Bull Run. He died of pneumonia after his own troops shot him by accident at the Battle of Chancellorsville.
22. He was a gifted general that commanded the Confederacy’s Army of Northern Virginia and won many battles in which he was outnumbered. However he didn’t have enough men or resources to keep fighting and surrendered to General Grant at Appomattox Courthouse in April, 1865.Abraham Lincoln- _________________________________________________________________________________________
23. _____________________________ laws enforced separation of African-Americans and whites.
24. Describe sharecropping. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
25. _________Amendment - abolished slavery.
26. _________ Amendment – Gave citizenship to all people born in the U.S.
27. __________ Amendment – Gave all men over the age of 21 the right to vote.
28. The ________________________________________ provided clothing, food, and education to former slaves.