military actions in Vietnam
My Lai Massacre 3. incident in which American troops killed from 175 to 400 Vietnamese villagers
involvement, in the Vietnam War.
11. President Kennedy’s policy in Vietnam was to
12. Escalation of the war in Vietnam began with the
13. American soldiers fighting in Vietnam had to cope with
14. Civilians in both North Vietnam and South Vietnam had to suffer the effects of American efforts to destroy roads and bridges through
15. In the United States, television was instrumental in
16. Some Americans questioned the fairness of the draft because
17. The Vietnam War finally ended in 1975 when
18. What did the United States fear would happen if it did not get involved in Vietnam?
19. What congressional action gave President Johnson the authority to escalate the Vietnam War?
20. What was the primary focus of the protest movement of the 1960s?
21. Tensions between students who opposed the war and National Guardsmen resulted in four deaths at
22. Who was the nationalist leader who led Vietnam against the French?
23. What did Congress do after the North Vietnamese attack in the Gulf of Tonkin?
24. What principle, described by President Eisenhower, became associated with American involvement in Southeast Asia?
25. One advantage the Viet Cong guerrillas had was their
26. The death toll at My Lai might have been even greater but for
27. The winner of the 1968 election was
28. What did North Vietnam do after the last Americans fled Saigon?
29. What was one legacy of the Vietnam War?