Full Faith & credit 10. Seven 16. Governor 22. 12th
Gerrymandering 11. 17th 17. Implied 23.federal
Virginia 12. President 18. Supremacy 24. Constituents
25. Chief Justice of SC 26. 1/3rd
56. Because of the courtesy of unlimited debate in the Senate, sometimes a FILIBUSTER is used to delay taking action on a bill, unless ended by CLOTURE.
57. Federal elections, by law, occur on the TUESDAY after the first MONDAY in the month of NOVEMBER, every EVEN numbered year.
58. The 8th Amendment forbids CRUEL- and unusual punishment.
59. The following freedoms are protected in the 1st Amendment to the Constitution: RELIGION,
SPEECH, PRESS, the right to assemble, and the right to petition the government for redress of grievances.
60. The 10th Amendment is the basis for reserved powers for the states.
61. The Amendment ratified in 1868 that is the basis for many Supreme Court cases, because it deals with providing protection of civil liberties to all citizens was the 14th amendment.
62. Those who believe that the US Constitution is open to interpretation and should be interpreted to reflect the current needs of society believe in the LOOSE interpretation, and those who believe in STRICT interpretation of the Constitution feel it should be taken literally.
63. The primary responsible of all legislators is the work they do in COMMITTEES.
64. The amendments which extended protections for voting to different groups of were the 15th, 19th and 26TH amendments.
65. The Supreme court case of WESBURY V. SANDERS, requires that voting districts in all states be fairly equal in population.
66.The amendment to the Constitution that covers due process, eminent domain ,self-incrimination and double jeopardy is the 5TH Amendment.
67. The base pay for members of the House of Representatives and the Senate is THE SAME $174,000.
68. An example of an implied power of Congress is creating a NATIONAL BANK.
69. A CENSUS occurs every ten years and is used to help reapportion the seats of the House of Representatives.
70. The Constitutional principle that calls for a division of power between a central government and local government is called FEDERALISM.
1. Strict 11. Press 21. Cloture
2. 26th 12. Filibuster 22. 14th
3. census 13. Loose
4. 10th 14. Tuesday
5. Wesberry v. Saunders 15. Religion
6. federalism 16. Monday
7. committees 17. November
8. Speech 18 even
9. 5th 19. The same ($174,000)
10. National Bank 20. Cruel
71. The minimum age to be elected to the presidency is 35 years old.
72. Anyone who is an American citizen at birth, either because they were born on American soil, or were born to a parent who is an American citizen is considered NATURAL BORN.
73. The president can issue an EXECUTIVE ORDER which does NOT require Congressional approval, but has the same effect as a law.
State has in CONGRESS. The total number of electors is 538, and to be elected president one needs to receive 270 of those votes.
75. One on the most powerful informal powers of the president is the use of the MEDIA to influence peoples’ opinions.
76. If the president dies in office, the VICE-PRESIDENT becomes the president, which was made clear in the 25TH AMENDMENT.
77. The fact that the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE is 2nd in line for the presidency after the vice-president was established in the PRESIDENTIAL SUCCESSION ACT OF 1947.
78. Anyone who is appointed by the president may be FIRED by the president without congressional approval, at anytime, for any reason.
79. According to the WAR POWERS RESOLUTION the maximum length of time the president can commit troops to military action without Congressional approval is 90 days.
80. The title used for the head of Executive Departments is SECRETARY and these individuals are members of the president’s CABINET.
81.The most significant check the president has on Congress is the power of VETO
82. Prior to the Civil Service Act, most people who got their jobs working for the Federal Government got their jobs through what was called the SPOILS system, which cause the Federal bureaucracy to be inexperienced and INEFEECTIVE.
83. A tax which requires in higher payments from wealthy people than from poor people is a PROGRESSIVE tax.
84. Independent REGULATORY Agencies are responsible for setting and enforcing rules to regulate some aspect of the economy.
85. FISCAL Policy involves the spending and taxing decisions of the President and Congress.
86. MONETARY Policy involves actions taken by the FEDERAL RESERVE to control the money supply, in order to stimulate or slow down the economy.