US History Unit 5 Mr .Grossman Name_______________________
World War Two Causes Web Quest
Click on the following website and answer the questions that follow:
What were the main terms of the Treaty of Versailles? List at least 4.
What was Germany forced to do as a result of the Treaty of Versailles?
Click on More Details About the Treaty of Versailles and answer the question below:
Identify 3 ways the Treaty of Versailles changed the world.
Based on what you’ve read do you believe Germany was treated fairly? Why? Why not?
The following questions are based on the section that reads “ Hitler’s Actions”:
How did Hitler’s actions violate the terms of the Treaty of Versailles? List 2 ways.
To read more about Adolf Hitler click on the web site below
Go back to- http://www.historyonthenet.com/WW2/causes.htm#Treaty_of_Versailles
And scroll down to Failure of Appeasement:
6. What does appeasement mean?
7. How did Neville Chamberlain deal with Nazi Germany’s violations of the Treaty of Versailles?
Scroll down to the Failure of the League of Nations:
8. What was the purpose of the League of Nations?
9. List 4 weaknesses of the League of Nations.
To learn about fascism and its rise in Europe click on the website below
http://www.thecorner.org/hist/total/f-italy.htm then click on the left hand side where it says “The Meaning of Fascism”:
What is the title of the website?
What is fascism according to the website?
Go to the top left corner and click on Video Clips:
11. List 3 things you observe in the videos. What do you think totalitarianism means?
(Optional) Go to the top right hand side an click on Speeches to listen to a speech by Stalin, Hitler or Mussolini.
To learn about Italy’s Invasion of Ethiopia click on the link below:
To learn about how the United States responded the rise of fascism click on the website below:
http://www.sagehistory.net/worldwar2/topics/1920WWII1940.htm then go down to America in the 1930's: The Triumph of Isolationism
A “gloomy, pessimistic, negative pacifism”
12. How did the US react to rise of fascism in Europe?
13. What did the Neutrality Act of 1935 say? How was the Neutrality Act changed in 1937 and 1939?
14. What were the main characteristics of American isolationism?
To learn about the rise of Japanese Militarism click on the website below (click on Next at the bottom of each page to continue and continue to read in order to find the answers for 16,17, 18, 19:
15. What factors caused the rise of Japanese militarism?
16. Which country did Japan first invade?
17. What happened in the Nanking Massacre?
18.What other countries did Japan sign a military treaty with?
19. Who was Hideki Tojo? What did he want for Japan?
20. Do you think the United States should have done more to prevent the rise of fascism? What could have they done? Why?
Share with your friends: