1. Explain how early civilizations affected the development of the Greeks. (2.a,b,c)
2. Analyze the epics of Homer for accuracy and point of view while explaining what the epics tell us about the Greeks. (History 1.b)
3. Explain how geography influenced the Greek city-states. (Geography 1.d, 2.c,d)
4. Explain the various government structures in the Greek city-states using the following criteria. (Civics 1 and 2)
5. Compare Sparta and Athens using a variety of sources. (History 1 and 2)
6. Determine why Athens enjoyed a golden age under Pericles. (History 1.b)
7. Using specific events analyze major sources of conflict, including causes and consequences, within the Greek empire. (Civics 2.c)
8. Explain how Greek society was organized. (History 2.d, 2.c, 2.a)
9. Explain the impact of Alexander the Great on the Greek Empire. (History 2.a)
10. Explain the history and contributions of the Greek Empire citing specific people and events. (History 2.e )
11. Explain the basic political unit of Ancient Greece.
12. Explain the diversity among the various Greek city-states.
13. Explain how geography helsped the Romans unite the Italian peninsula. (Geography 1.a and 2.d)
14. Describe how the Roman government evolved to be become more democratic. (Civics1.e, History 2.c)
15. Explain how Rome was able to conquer a vast empire. (Civics 2.b )
16. Analyze why the Roman Republic declined. (Civics 1, 2 and History 2.a,b,c)
17. Explain the strengthens and weaknesses of the Roman Empire. (History 2.b)
18. Analyze historical sources of the Roman Empire for accuracy and point of view. (History 1.b and 2.b)
19. Analyze the political and cultural development of the Roman Empire. (History 2.d)
20. Explain Roman principles of law. (History 2.b, e)
21. Describe the government the Roman Republic using the following criteria. (Civics 1 and 2)
List the responsibilities of the citizens.
Define the role of citizens.
Identify how the Romans derive their authority
Explain the rights of Roman citizens.
Unit Essential Questions:
How do the roles and definition of citizens change over time?
How do civilizations choose their government?
How have Greece and Rome influence the modern world?