8. An assumption that can be made based upon the data shown in
the graph is that…
a) an increase in defense spending helped to end the Great
b) American defense companies overcharged the
government during War II.
c) a decrease in unemployment caused an increase in
d) more African Americans than whites were hired during WWII.
9. According to the graph, unemployment …
a) peaked in 1945.
b) hit bottom in 1948.
c) peaked in 1933.
d) dropped significantly from 1945 to 1947.
10. According to the graph, defense spending …
a) experienced its greatest rate of single-year growth between
b) experienced its greatest rate of single-year decline between
1946 & 1947.
c) ended the decade of the 1940’s where it had begun.
d) increases always led to decreases in unemployment.
11. What impact did World War II have on family
income, the distribution of income, earnings, labor
force participation, and savings?
12. What happened to women's participation in the
labor force during and after the war?
13. World War II definitely appeared to, generally
speaking, have a positive economic impact upon
Based on the economic impact (good or bad) that