1. SWBAT read an article about the 3 essential parts of a wildfire, and the 3 types of wildfire that exist.
2. SWBAT complete a KWL from the reading.
3. SWBAT discuss the 3 types of fire, and which are more common between the historic forest and the present day forest.
4. SWBAT create a museum poster complete with diagrams of the 3 types of fire triangles, as well as the three types of wildfires that can occur in a forest.
-Powerpoint (Fire_Ecology_Slideshow_Workshop2013.ppt, slides 42-44)
-Student Handout 1: Article “Wildfires”
-Student Handout 2: KWL sheet
-Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
* Powerpoint can be found on the website referenced in upper-right hand corner of this lesson.