Just a reminder that the monthly tuition is due on the 15th of every month. A $20 late fee will be added if tuition is not paid by the 20thof the month March tuition is due February 15th! -----------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations to Jeanette Abell, Jillian Butler, Frankie Garcia, Kaylee Johnson, Rachel Klang, Adam Raudebaugh and Paige Scheckla for receiving special awards at the J&J Popstarz master classes! It was a fun weekend and everyone did a fantastic job!!
Our first competition is Spotlight Feb 13-15th in Sacramento. Please remember to be prepared to dance 1 hour prior to your scheduled competition time. That means in
your costume and hair and makeup all ready done. Hair, makeup and body glitter must be done the same by all group dancers as specified by studio directors. For directions to Spotlight you can go to the Spotlight website at www.spotlightevents.com
The Nationals the DK Dance Team will be attending this year will be Dance Rave July 16-19th in Las Vegas. The competition will be at the Venetian Hotel. The phone number for the Venetian reservations is (877)283-6423 the rates for a King Suite (the King suite has a king bed and a full size pull out sofa) are as follows:
1. We have had a dress code for company for 12 years. It is simple you must wear black to practices and have all your dance supplies with you. Parents you must help your dancers with this, it is impossible for them to dance well without the right shoes or clothes on. Hair pulled back without falling out.
Ballet Dress Code. . . . . .
1. You must have hair pulled back in bun.
2. You must have pink tights on and a black leotard.
3. Ballet warm ups only over ballet clothes not jazz clothes. Black, pink, or white warm ups only.
4. Please have a nice pair of ballet slippers on it is impossible to do the steps correctly in old shoes that have no grip on the bottom.
Parents please help to keep the disciplines of dance enforced.
Here is the MANDATORY shoe and tight requirements for each team. Shoes and tights are part of the team costume, so these requirements must be followed.
We will not be placing a group order for tights and shoes. You are welcome to purchase these items at local dance supply shops - Encore, Contra Costa Dancewear, A-1 Dance Supply, etc. Or you may purchase them by catalog or online.
A partial list of catalog and online Companies will be posted. If you have any questions please contact Kim or Denise.
Mini Jazz - Tights: Capezio 14C hold and stretch footed tight in black
Shoes: Capezio CG05 Gold slip on Jazz Bootie in black