35) ________ have identified stages in the process of accepting the identity of lesbian, gay, or bisexual. 35) ______
A) Interactionists B) Biologists
C) Conflict theorists D) Functionalists
36) According to sociologists, homophobia: 36) ______
A) is a medically recognized phobia.
B) is defined as excessive fear or intolerance of homosexuality.
C) is a biologically determined prejudice.
D) All of these are accurate.
37) In Bowers v. Hardwick, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that: 37) ______
A) people cannot commit sodomy ( it upheld the laws banning sodomy, same-sex or other).
B) people have a constitutionally protected right to engage in public homosexual conduct.
C) people have a constitutionally protected right to engage in private homosexual conduct.
D) people do not have a constitutionally protected right to engage in public homosexual conduct.
38) According to the text, ________ is intensified by the ideology of compulsory heterosexism. 38) ______
A) sexism B) homophobia
C) heterosexuality D) homosexuality
39) The "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the U.S. military: 39) ______
A) allows gay men and lesbians to serve in the military as long as they do not reveal their sexual orientation.
B) was implemented during the Clinton administration.
C) states that commanders cannot ask about a person's sexual orientation.