1. The leading cause of death in the United States is
*b. cardiovascular disease
2. The second most important actual cause of death in the United States is
*b. poor diet and physical inactivity
3. Small increases in physical activity can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in sedentary individuals.
Title: Risk Factors
4. Daily moderate-intensity exercise reduces the risk of CHD.
5. What type of serum cholesterol protects against the development and progression of blood vessel damage?
*a. high-density lipoprotein cholesterol
b. low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
c. total cholesterol
d. very low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
6. Two major health goals are to delay death and avoid premature disease.
7. Coronary heart disease is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
8. Approximately 10% of individuals have a myocardial infarction during maximal exercise testing.
9. Physical activity is a broader term than exercise.
10. Which of the following is not a risk factor for heart disease?
e. all of the above
11. The percent of adults in the United States who do not meet the recommendation for 30 min of moderate-intensity physical activity is