(1) “Accountable process budget” means a budget that is created by starting from zero and adding line items and programs recommended through an accountable budget process.
(2) “Accountable budget process” means a review of a line item or program in a simple base budget to determine whether or the extent to which to recommend the line item or program be included in a budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
(b) “Privileged motions” are not substitute motions.
(10) “Proposed budget item” means any item under consideration by an appropriations committee for inclusion in an appropriations bill.
(a) “Simple base budget” means amounts appropriated by the Legislature for each line item for the current fiscal year that:
(i) are not designated as one-time in an appropriation, regardless of whether the appropriation is covered by ongoing or one-time revenue sources; and
(ii) were not vetoed by the governor, unless the Legislature overrode the veto.
(b) “Simple base budget” includes:
(i) any changes to those amounts approved by the Executive Appropriations Committee; and
(ii) amounts appropriated for debt service.
(12) “Substitute motion” means a non-privileged motion that is made when a non-privileged motion is pending.
(13) “Under consideration” means the time starting when a chair opens a discussion on a subject or an appropriations request that is listed on a committee agenda and ending when the committee disposes of the subject or request, moves on to another item on the agenda, or adjourns.