63A-5b-201 Creation of state building board -- Composition -- Appointment -- Per diem and expenses -- Board officers.
(1) There is created within the department the state building board.
(a) The board is composed of eight members, seven of whom are voting members appointed by the governor.
(b) The executive director of the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget, or the executive director’s designee, is a nonvoting member of the board.
(3) The term of a voting board member is four years, except that the governor shall, at the time of a member’s appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of the member’s term, as necessary, to ensure that approximately half of the board is appointed every two years.
(4) When a vacancy occurs in the membership of the voting members of the board for any reason, the governor shall appoint a replacement for the unexpired term of the member who created the vacancy.
(a) A voting board member shall hold office until a successor is appointed and qualified.
(b) A voting board member may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
(6) The governor shall designate one board member as the board chair.
(7) A member of the board may not receive compensation or benefits for the member’s service on the board, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107; and
(b) rules made by the Division of Finance in accordance with Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(8) A member of the board is not required to post a bond for the performance of the member’s official duties.
(9) The executive director or the executive director’s designee shall serve as secretary to the board and shall:
(a) manage scheduling for the board and the board’s calendar;
(b) establish and manage the agenda for meetings of the board;