1. The Militia Act that said that if you were in the militia and rebelled against the state government, your punishment could be death.
2. Suspend the Writ of Habeas Corpus that allowed the state government to imprison any person at any time.
3. The Riot Act said that if more than 12 people got together for any purpose the government perceived as negative, the government could imprison, take property, and/or try the individual(s) for treason.
12. These laws pushed Shays and the farmers to the final stage of the rebellion.
13. The federal government could not help the state of Massachusetts because the Articles of Confederation limited the its power.
14. What was Shays’s Rebellion?
Courthouse strategy: Block the courthouse so the judges could not hold court and punish