The U.S. workforce is changing to include all EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
more white males. more people of color.
2. The invisible bar that separates women and minorities from top leadership jobs is called: (Points: 5)
the glass ceiling. uncertainty avoidance.
3. In Stage 1 of personal diversity awareness: (Points: 5)
diversity is inherent in the culture, and the organization is gender- and color-blind.
legal requirements are met, but diversity is viewed as a problem.
top-level leaders are committed to diversity.
diversity is viewed as a competitive weapon.
4. The diversity wheel shows: (Points: 5)
combinations of traits that make up diversity.
a diverse organizational community.
Both A and D differences that have an impact throughout one’s life.
5. Diversity refers to differences among people in terms of all of the following EXCEPT: (Points: 5)
help the organization build better relationships with customers.
develop employee and organizational potential.
perpetuate the glass ceiling. provide greater organizational flexibility.
7. In some cases, people fail to advance to higher levels in organizations because they don’t have the necessary education and skills. This is termed the: (Points: 5)
opportunity gap. leadership grid.
substitutes for leadership.
8. High power distance means: (Points: 5)
that people accept inequality in power in institutions, organizations, and individuals. that members of a society feel uncomfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
value for a loosely knit social framework in which individuals take care of themselves.
values of relationships, cooperation, and group decision making.
9. Interactive leaders tend to be: (Points: 5)
consensus builders. reluctant to share power.
10. In an organization, an ethical action must meet the following criteria: (Points: 5)
The action respects the rights of individuals and groups. The action increases shareholder wealth.
The action serves the interest of the CEO.
The action promotes the self-interest of the employees.
11. The responses to the use of power include all EXCEPT: (Points: 5)