THE PERIODIC TABLE WEBQUEST!!
Answer the questions on the following pages using the information on the websites provided.
ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS
Complete the following table using information from the website above.
Scientist Contribution to the development of the periodic table
Click here to learn more.
1. Why are the elements placed in specific places on the Periodic Table?
2. Periods are ________ that run from _______ to _______.
3. Elements in the same period have the same ________________________.
4. Every element in the first period has ________ shell for its _______. Every element in
the second period has __________ for its ___________. See the pattern?
5. Groups are _______________ that run from ______ to _________.
6. The elements of a group have the same number of ____________ in their ___________
group two has ___________ electrons in its outer shell.
8. Hydrogen is special because it can act like two groups, __________ and _________.
9. Hydrogen sometimes is ________________ an electron and sometimes it has an
10.Although helium has only __________ electrons in its outer shell, it is grouped with
elements that have ________________.
11. The green elements on this table are called ____________ elements. They each have
two electrons in their outer shell.
GETTIN'' TOGETHER WITH THE FAMILIES!!!!
Use this site to fill in the blanks below: