The media access report


US action on accessible digital radio



Download 258.83 Kb.
Page12/33
Date27.05.2021
Size258.83 Kb.
TypeReport
1   ...   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   ...   33

US action on accessible digital radio


National Public Radio (NPR) and WGBH’s National Center for Accessible Media are embarking on what is expected to be a three-year research project to develop accessible digital radio. The project will be partly funded by a grant from the

Department of Education’s National Institute of Disability Rehabilitation and Research. This grant will cover 65% of the budgeted cost for the project’s first year of US$227,810, with the remaining 35% funded by NPR.

The project aims to design prototype digital radio receivers, which will then be given to Deaf, hearing impaired, blind and vision impaired consumers to test. At the conclusion of these tests, the project’s recommendations on design criteria will be turned over to equipment manufacturers.

“As radio moves into the digital transmission arena, public radio is committed to providing people with sensory disabilities equal access to news, entertainment and emergency services,” said Mike Starling, Chief Technical Officer at NPR.

NPR currently operates 100 radio reading services for the blind, providing reading of text from newspapers, books and magazines.


Directory: sites -> default -> files
files -> The United States and Post-Castro Cuba
files -> 9. 5 Political Powers and Achievements Tom Burns- beacon High School
files -> Indiana Academic Standards Resource Guide World History and Civilization Standards Approved March 2014
files -> Women in Slavery and the Fight for Social Freedoms
files -> How to Place Slavery into British Identity
files -> Title Publishing Format / Length
files -> Oh Freedom! Teaching African American Civil Rights Through American Art at the Smithsonian
files -> Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site’s interpretation of Al Capone’s cell, c. 2013. Al Capone Approved Source for Tour Content Developed by Annie Anderson May 2013 Draft 2 For Web Guiding questions
files -> Dr amanda wise & dr jan ali commonwealth of Australia 2008


Share with your friends:
1   ...   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   ...   33




The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2020
send message

    Main page