3. (10) Assuming that volume is constant in the combustion process, it includes an isentropic compression and expansion, along with an isochoric heat addition and heat rejection.
Answer: Otto cycle
9. Name these avatars of Vishnu, for ten points each.
1. (10) This man-lion version of Vishnu, the fourth avatar, came to the earth to rid the world of evil in the form of Hiranyakashipu (HEE-ruhn-yuh-KUH-see-pooh).
2. (10) This first avatar, a fish, saved Sri Manu from the Great Deluge prior to killing an underwater demon who had stolen the Vedas.
3. (10) This blue-skinned eighth avatar of Vishnu was the king of Dwaraka. He plays an important role in the Mahabharata, where he recites the Bhagavad-Gita prior to battle.
10. 30-20-10, name the author from works.
1. (30) The short story collections Winner Take Nothing and The First Forty-Nine Hours And Other Stories; the novel Dangerous Summer.
2. (20) The short story “Fifty Grand” and the novel Islands in the Stream.
3. (10) The novels For Whom the Bell Tolls and A Farewell to Arms.
Answer: Ernest Miller