3. (10) “‘Tis the middle of the night by the castle clock…”
1. (10) Fought on February 12, 1817, José de San Martin defeated the Spanish at this site north of Santiago, and then promptly installed O’Higgins as director of Chile.
2. (10) While Simón Bolivar engaged the Spaniards near Quito, Antonio José de Sucre outmaneuvered Aymerich at this May 24, 1822 battle.
3. (10) Sucre also crushed the Spanish under José de la Serna at this site on December 9, 1824, securing independence for Peru.
4. Identify these quantities important in electricity and magnetism, FTSNOP.
1. (10) Denoted with a lowercase sigma and measured in Siemens per meter, this material-based constant can be described as the ratio between conduction current density and the electric field intensity of a material.