Article 1.- The foreign information and press activities in Vietnam mentioned in this Regulation include:
1. The professional activities of foreign correspondents; the establishment of resident press bureaus, the appointment of correspondents; the use of journalistic facilities.
The foreign correspondents’ journalistic activities include: shooting of films on current events, taking press photographs, conducting interviews, audio and visual recording and making visits to localities and establishments.
2. The information and press activities of foreign representative agencies and foreign organizations include: publishing and circulating bulletins, convening press conferences; installing photo cases; organizing film shows; exhibitions, seminars and other press-related activities.
Article 2.- The objects mentioned in this Regulation include:
1. Foreign correspondents based in Vietnam or entering the country for short-term missions; bureaus of foreign news or press agencies that are allowed to operate in Vietnam.
2. Diplomatic representative missions, consular offices and international inter-governmental representative offices in Vietnam (hereafter referred to as foreign representative agencies).
3. Foreign non-governmental representative offices, foreign economic, cultural, scientific and consulting organizations; foreign companies and enterprises (hereafter referred to as foreign agencies).
4. Foreign delegations visiting Vietnam at the invitation of Party, State, Government and/or National Assembly leaders or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. Foreign delegations visiting Vietnam at the invitation of the agencies not defined in Item 4 of this Article.
Article 3.- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (hereafter referred to as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) is the agency which, by assignment of the State, performs the managerial function over and issues permits for, the press activities defined in Item 1, Article 1 of this Regulation.
Article 4.- The Ministry of Culture and Information of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (hereafter referred to as the Ministry of Culture and Information) is the agency which performs the managerial function over and issues permits for the information and press activities defined in Item 2 Article 1 of this Regulation.
Article 5.- All information and press activities in Vietnam by the persons and agencies specified in Article 2 of this Regulation must be carried out in accordance with the current laws and regulations of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam; in conformity with the provisions on the entry and exit, residence and traveling of foreigners in Vietnam. The aforesaid activities must also conform to Item 5, Article 6 and Article 10 of Vietnam’s Law on the Press.