Time: 2 Weeks
Test Date: _____________
Free Response Questions
1. Britain and France were engaged in a geopolitical and economic rivalry during the eighteenth century. Identify the factors that contributed to this rivalry, and assess the results for both countries over the period 1689 to 1789.
2. Identify the grievances of the groups that made up the Third Estate in France on the eve of the French Revolution, and analyze the extent to which ONE of these groups was able to address its grievances in the period 1789 to 1799.
3. Analyze how the political and economic problems of the English and French monarchies led to the English Civil War and the French Revolution.
4. Analyze the ways in which women participated in and influenced the French Revolution.
5. Analyze the ways in which the events of the French Revolutionary period led people to challenge the Enlightenment views of society, politics, and human nature.