1. Governors of an area and city officials were expected to catch criminals.
-Failure to do so meant that the officials had to ______________________________
to the victims or their families. This was _________________________________.
2. Soldiers were expected to serve.
-If a soldier hired a substitute, the original soldier was ________________________
and the substitute given ___________________________________________.
D. Consumer Protection Laws
1. ___________________ were responsible for the buildings they constructed.
-If the building collapsed and killed a family member, a family member of the builder
was also killed.
2. Laws surrounding renting and owning farmland were also within the code.
3. ______________________________ because of the ____________ of Mesopotamia.
4. ________________________________________ were watched very closely.