The state of Alabama stopped the NAACP, a civil rights group, from requesting African American’s to sit on juries during school segregation trials.
Which freedom of the 1st Amendment?
Violation or no violation?
What did the court rule?
Wrap – Up ?’s
11. Critical? Once again, how and why do the First Amendment’s five freedoms matter in your life? How has your answer changed?
12. Why do you think the five freedoms are sometimes called “freedom of expression?”
13. What responsibilities accompany these rights? For example, does freedom of speech mean you should say whatever comes to mind at any time? Explain.
14. The First Amendment doesn’t list rights; instead it lists things the government can’t do. Why is this important?
15. Would it be possible to be free without the rights protected by the First Amendment? Why or why not?
Almost done, turn the page
Fill in the 1st Amendment5 Freedoms chart below: Name:_____________________________ DUE:______________