Transitional provisions 1. With the coming into force of this Law, the Law On State Defence (Latvijas Republikas Saeimas un Ministru Kabineta Ziņotājs, 1995, Nos. 2, 21; 1996, No. 6; 1997, No. 6; 1999, No. 24), is repealed.
2. Until the adoption of the relevant Cabinet Regulation, but not longer than by 31 December 2001, the following Cabinet Regulation shall be in effect, which have been issued in accordance with the Law on State Defence:
2) 11 March 1997 Regulation No. 91, Rules of Procedure on Military Discipline of Soldiers.
3. Section 7, Paragraph one of this Law shall come into force concurrently with the convening of 8thSaeima.
4. Section 7, Paragraph two, and Section 20, Paragraphs one and three of this Law shall come into force concurrently with relevant amendments to the State Security Institutions Law and the Constitution Protection Bureau Law.
5. Section 19, Paragraph three of this Law shall come into force on 1 January 2002.
6. The National Security Concept, prepared in accordance with Section 27 of this Law, and the State Defence Concept, prepared in accordance with Section 29, shall be approved during the term of office of the 7thSaeima by 1 October 2001.
7. The Cabinet shall, by 1 January 2003, approve the State Civil Defence Plan referred to in Section 36 of this Law.
[16 May 2003] 8. The Cabinet shall, by 1 June 2009, approve the National Economy Mobilisation Plan referred to in Section 35 of this Law.
[15 May 2003; 2 December 2004] 9. The remuneration (work remuneration, etc.) in 2009 specified in accordance with this Law shall be determined in accordance with the Law On Remuneration of Officials and Employees of State and Local Government Institutions in 2009.
[12 December 2008] 10. Work in the Information Analysis Service shall be considered as equivalent to work in State security institutions.
[18 June 2009]
11. Such officials of the Information Analysis Service who at the time of liquidation of the Service, in conformity with that laid down in Paragraph 10 of these Transitional Provisions, conform to the criteria brought forward for such persons who have the right to service pension in accordance with the Law On Service Pensions of Officials of the Constitution Protection Bureau, are granted service pension. Service pensions are granted to, calculated for and disbursed to officials of the Information Analysis Service in accordance with the procedures laid down in the Law On Service Pensions of Officials of the Constitution Protection Bureau.
[18 June 2009] 12. Until the day of coming into force of new Cabinet regulations, but not later than until 1 June 2010 Cabinet Regulation No. 428 of 10 June 2008, Procedures for the Planning and Implementation of Security Measures for Objects Vital for State Security, shall be in force.