Test 13 - World War II and the Holocaust Directions - Use your remote to answer the following questions, make sure to press the ‘send’ button after each answer. True/False
Indicate whether the statement is true or false. ‘A’ for true and ‘B’ for false. 1. During World War II, Russia, Germany, and Italy were known as the Axis Powers.
2. Before World War II, Hitler’s Nazi government passed restrictive laws severely limiting the rights of Jews in Germany.
3. The dropping of atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ended the war in the Pacific.
4. The German militarization of the Rhineland violated the Treaty of Versailles.
5. The annexation of Austria by Germany began World War II.
6. Only Jews were targeted by the Nazi campaign to kill “inferior” people.
7. Germany attacking Czechoslovakia is what officially starts World War II.
8. Fascism is a type of government that bans private property, eliminates social classes and attempts to spread revolution world-wide.
9. World War II was the first war in which American women were allowed to take part in combat.
10. During WWII, Jews were sent to concentration camps like Auschwitz to be executed.
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question. 11. What recent invention allowed the British to more effectively defend against German air attacks?
“We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the street, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!”
—Winston Churchill, June 4, 1940 12. Read the quote from Winston Churchill. Winston Churchill’s words inspired people during the
attack on Pearl Harbor.
Battle of Britain.
Battle of Guadalcanal.
Battle of the Atlantic.
13. What event led to a decisive shift away from isolationism in the United States?