1. Which development most enabled early peoples to form permanent settlements? the Agricultural Revolution
2. Be able to identify the locations and/or names of each of the River Valley civilizations on a map.
1. One of the greatest Sumerian achievements was the creation of the earliest highly developed written language. What is the name of this written language?
2. How was this form of writing produced?
3. Describe the other inventions and achievements of the Sumerians.
1. Why were the pyramids built?
2. What is mummification and why was it used?
3. What is the name of the system of writing used by the ancient Egyptians and what did it look like?
4. Why was the Rosetta Stone significant?
1. Which dynasty ruled during ancient India’s “golden age?”
2. What is the name of the form of written language that developed in ancient India?
3. What were some of the major inventions and achievements of ancient India?
1. Why did many people in ancient China turn to the teachings of Confucius?
2. China is most associated with which major religion?
3. What is cultural diffusion?
4. What was the Silk Road?
5. Why was the Silk Road important to China?
6. Islam spread along the Silk Road from what region?
7. What were some of the products other than silk that were sent to Europe? How did these products change daily life in Europe?
1. Describe the geography/terrain of Greece. How did geography influence the political system of Greece?
2. The ancient Greeks were known for what aspect of architecture?
3. The Greek alphabet was based on which earlier form of alphabet?
4. What were some other achievements made by the ancient Greeks?
1. The ancient Romans were greatly influenced by which two groups?
2. Describe the religion of the Romans.
3. What was the purpose of an aqueduct?
4. Describe some of the other advancements made by the ancient Romans.