3. Have students use different colors or patterns to show the routes of the United States Army and Navy in the Caribbean (3), Spanish possessions (3) and the United States Navy in the South China Sea (1) during the Spanish-American War. (3 points each)
4. Create a key in the blank box. A minimum of three items should be shown. (3 points each)
5. A) Where did the United States Navy meet the Spanish fleet in the Caribbean? B) In which direction did Dewey sail from Hong Kong to the Philippines? C) What is the approximate latitude and longitude of Puerto Rico? Hong Kong? Santiago? D) What strategy did the United States Navy use in the Caribbean?
6. A) Check a world map to find out the distance between the Caribbean and the Philippines. What difficulties might there have been in fighting a war in places so far apart? B) Why did the United States go to war in the Philippines?
7. Make sure your name is on both papers and the map is stapled to your additional questions. (2 points)
#1 3 points each= 18
C. Kettle Hill/Santiago
D. Hong Kong
#2 2 points each= 20
Puerto Rico Caribbean Sea Haiti Philippine Islands Pacific Ocean Florida Atlantic Ocean Dominican Republic South China Sea China