2. How had the Cherokee adapted to living among white settlers?
3. Why did whites pressure the government to force the Cherokee out of Georgia?
Jackson’s Removal Policy
5. How did Jackson propose to solve the problem of Native American protests?
6. How did the Indian Removal Act affect Native Americans in the Southeast?
The Trail of Tears
7. How did the Cherokee fight the takeover of their lands in Georgia?
8. How did the Supreme Court rule on the Cherokee case, and why was Jackson able to ignore this ruling?
9. Why is the journey of the Cherokee to Indian Territory known as the Trail of Tears?
Native American Resistance
10. How did some Native American groups in the Southeast resist removal?
11. What were the causes and the outcome of the Second Seminole War, and what part did Osceola play in Seminole resistance?