SCOUT SNIPER TEAM LEADERS COURSE Command screening checklist
1. pURPOSE: To prepare Marines and other services with Scout Sniper training in preparation for duty as a Team Leader within a Scout Sniper platoon of an infantry battalion or within reconnaissance units.
2. Scope: This course includes instruction in supporting arms, mission planning, sniper operations, field computer and marksmanship.
3. Information: In order to preclude Marines from being turned away upon arrival, it is necessary that COMMANDERS ENSURE THEIR MARINES SATISFY ENROLLMENT PREREQUISITES.
4. Action: One copy of this checklist, completed by the Platoon Sergeant and signed by the Battalion Commander, will be placed with the students BIR/BTR and orders prior to TAD assignment. Incomplete or unsigned checklists will result in the Marine needing to contact his command to complete the checklist. In order to be enrolled in the course, the student must have the completed checklist prior to the end of training day one.
NAME: ______________________________________ GRADE: __________________
SSN: ________________________ UNIT: _______________________
1. Appropriate grade, Cpl through ______/______ Rank: _________
GySgt. Officers MOS 0302 or 0203
that have the additional MOS of 0317 DOR: __________
are waiverable based on space availability
(contact the OIC or SNCOIC of the School).
2. Appropriate MOS, must be a graduate ______/______ MOS: __________
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS 1. By initialing below I indicate that this Marine has demonstrated proficiency in each of the following areas:
______ a. Has the knowledge and skills for writing Combat Reports IAW FMFM 6-4 and MCWP 3-11.2.
______ b. Has the knowledge and skills to write and issue a complete Combat
Order IAW FMFM 6-4 and MCWP 3-11.2.
______ c. Familiar with Land Navigation IAW FM 21-26.
______ d. Plan for and call supporting arms IAW MCWP 3-16 and MCWP 3-16.6.
I have personally screened this Marine and certify that he meets all the requirements for enrollment as a student in the Scout Sniper Course.