World History Date ____________ Pd _____
Discuss the different social classes of the Ancient Romans
Compare and contrast feudalism in Medieval Europe with feudalism in Japan. Include
Discuss the evolution of class structure in ancient civilizations. Use both of the following in your examples:
Compare and contrast the Old Regime in France with the society created in France after the French Revolution. Consider
Describe the effect of the Industrial Revolution on the social class structure in Europe. Include
Topic 2 - Revolutions
How did the Industrial Revolution change society in Europe?
How did the Neolithic Revolution lead to the development of civilization?
Explain how the ideas of the Enlightenment were used to promote political revolutions in
Discuss the French Revolution including
Discuss the Russian Revolution including
Topic 3 – Religious Conflict
Explain the issues and people involved in the Protestant Reformation. Be sure to include
Describe how the Crusades changed Medieval Europe and helped bring an end to the Middle Ages. Include
Explain how the Protestant Reformation led to the changes within the Catholic Church known as the Catholic Reformation or the Counter-reformation . Include
Discuss the rise of Christianity within the Roman Empire. Include
Topic 4 – Dynasties and Empires
Describe the rise of Islam and the spread of the Islamic Empire from the 600’s – 1200’s. Include
Describe the growth, achievements, and decline of the Mongol Empire. Include
Compare and contrast the Roman Empire with the Han Dynasty. Include
In the 1800’s Great Britain built “an empire on which the sun never set.” Explain what this means and how Britain was able to control such a vast amount of territory.
1. What was the Neolithic Revolution and how did it affect civilization?
2. How were early societies organized into social classes, especially Sumer and Egypt?
3. What role did geography play in the development of Roman civilization?
4. Compare and contrast the characteristics of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire
5. What factors led to the decline of the Roman Empire?
6. What is the modern legacy of the Roman Empire?
Byzantine Empire, Islamic Empire, Imperial China, Imperial Japan:
7. How did the Byzantine Empire affect Western Civilization in terms of culture, politics, economy, and religion?
8. Describe the familial, social, artistic, and scientific contributions of the Islamic Empire.
9. Compare and contrast the Ming Dynasty of China and the Tokagawa Dynasty of Japan.
10. Describe the important roles within the Catholic Church during the Middle Ages.
11. What was the relationship among lords, knights, vassals in the Feudal and Manorial Systems?
12. What were the major causes and effects of the Crusades?