Rules and regulations

Download 101.5 Kb.
Size101.5 Kb.
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   ...   20

Applying for Service

When applying for electrical service you must sign a formal application. If you cannot come into our office to sign the application, we can fax, mail, or e-mail it to you. If the application is not signed in our office, your signature must be notarized. You must provide a photo I.D. and one other type of I.D. If you are renting, you will need to show your lease agreement. The lease should show the date, name of renter, location of the property, landlord's phone number, and be signed by the landlord. If you are the homeowner, you will need to provide the deed, sales agreement or tax papers. A security deposit is required in many cases and is based on a credit inquiry through Online Collections. For more information regarding the security deposit please refer to the Residential Deposit Policy and Commercial Deposit sections of the Rules and Regulations.

If you are applying for new service for a house or mobile home, whether temporary or permanent, in Roane and Morgan Counties, you must bring your building permit which is available from the Building Inspector’s Office.

If you are applying for service to a dwelling or building which has had prior service and does not require a state inspection, we will try to have utilities turned on the following business day.

Before installing any wiring or equipment, you will need to meet with a representative from our engineering department to discuss service arrangements and to have your meter base location spotted. This policy must be adhered to if you are to prevent bearing unnecessary expense. When the wiring is installed in a new dwelling or building and before it is concealed you will need to get a rough-in inspection. When you are ready for permanent service you will need to make arrangements for a final inspection. After all fees have been paid, right-of-ways cleared, and inspections made by the state inspector, service will normally begin within 2 to 5 days depending on the weather and other scheduled work.
As a homeowner you are allowed to obtain one wiring permit per year. If you hire an electrician they will need to show their state license to obtain the permit.

Download 101.5 Kb.

Share with your friends:
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   ...   20

The database is protected by copyright © 2023
send message

    Main page