1. To study three major OT law codes, their forms and possible origins.
2. To compare OT law codes to other ancient Near Eastern legal corpora.
3. To ask: How do the concerns expressed by individual laws reflect particular sociological situations?
4. To explore the intricacies and implications of priestly material in Leviticus.
1. Edward L. Greenstein, "Biblical Law" in Holtz, Back to the Sources, 83-104 (reserve or buy).
B. Natural Law: The Ten Commandments
1. Ex 20:1-17; Deut 5.
2. D. Hillers, Covenant, 25-71 (reserve or buy).
3. J. B. Pritchard, Ancient Near Eastern Texts, (ANET), 203-206 (on reserve).
C. Civil and Criminal Law: The Extension of the Stipulations