The Commission shall be kept informed of the progress and results throughout the different stages of negotiations and may request to participate in the negotiations between the Member State and the third country concerning investment.
1. Before signing an agreement, the Member State concerned shall notify the Commission of the outcome of negotiations and shall transmit the text of the agreement to the Commission.
2. The notification duty provided for in paragraph 1 shall include agreements which were negotiated prior to the entry into force of this Regulation but not concluded and therefore not subject to the notification duty provided for in Article 2.
3. Upon notification the Commission shall make an assessment as to whether the negotiated agreement does not:
(a) conflict with the law of the Union other than the incompatibilities arising from the allocation of competences between the Union and its Member States, or
(d) conflict with the requirement of Article 9(2), where applicable.
4. Where the Commission finds that the negotiations have resulted in an agreement which does not fulfil the requirements referred to in paragraphs 3, the Member State shall not be authorised to sign and conclude the agreement.
5. Where the Commission finds that the negotiations have resulted in an agreement which fulfils the requirements referred to in paragraphs 3, the Member State shall be authorised to sign and conclude the agreement.
6. Decisions pursuant to paragraphs 4 and 5 shall be taken in accordance with the procedure referred to in Article 15(2). The Commission shall take the decision within 90 days of receipt of the notifications referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2. Where additional information is needed to take the decision, the 90 days shall run from the date of receipt of the additional information.
7. Where an authorisation has been granted in accordance with paragraph 5, the Member State concerned shall notify the Commission of the conclusion and entry into force of the agreement.
1. No later than five years after the entry into force of this Regulation, the Commission shall present to the European Parliament and the Council a report on the application of this Chapter which shall review the need for a continued application of the Chapter.
2. The report referred to in paragraph 1 shall include an overview of authorisations requested and granted under this Chapter.
3. Where the report referred to in paragraph 1 recommends to discontinue the application of this Chapter or to modify the provisions of this Chapter, it shall be accompanied by an appropriate legislative proposal.