February 22, 1834
The nationalist French party, the Parti Patriote, presented their ninety-two resolutions to the Lower Canada House of Assembly yesterday. Some of their resolutions state that:
• the House of Assembly has tried to adopt the government in Britain
• The Constitutional Act, 1791, gave too much power to an unelected government.
• The Legislative Council should be elected.
• The Government need not be just like the British government.
• the executive council’s claims to control revenues is against what the constitution states.