5. What factors lead to Bacon’s Rebellion? What is the major effect of Bacon’s Rebellion?
6. Describe the expansion of slavery in the American colonies from 1619 to 1750.
7. How did laws distinguish between slave and servant in the American colonies?
8. Contrast the life of a slave in the deep South and the Chesapeake colonies.
9. Using the section Africans in America as well as the pages “From African to African American,” describe the evolution of African American culture and religion in the American colonies.
10. Describe the hierarchy found in the Southern social structure.
11. How was life in New England different from life in the Chesapeake colonies?
12. Describe the family structure and life that could be found in New England during the early colonial period.
13. What was life like for women in the New England colonies? (Be sure to look at all aspects of life.)
14. Describe the typical New England town.
15. In what ways do we see the importance of education in Puritan life?