By John Howard Griffin
2. What 3 specific examples does he give to show how this is “universal”?
3. What reported information caused Griffin to begin wondering about how it would be for him to experience racism as a black man in the South?
4. What was being claimed by major white voices in the South about southern race relations at that time?
5. What did Griffin hope to discover by “becoming a Negro”? (A two word answer will do!)
6. Why could he not expect to get this from black people if he asked them as a white man? (Why would they lie to a white man?)