Grade Placement: 9, 10, 11, 12
Band is an advanced musical wind and percussion ensemble with emphasis on the following objectives:
1. The teaching of performance skills on wind and percussion instruments at the ability of assigned students.
2. The development of marching skills.
3. The combining of playing and marching skills in drills for performance at football half times, UIL marching contests, and parades.
4. Preparation for performance in pep rallies and concerts.
5. Preparation for individual participation in UIL Solo and Ensemble, TMEA Region Band and Class AA Region Band.
Objectives are reached in a lab situation through lecture, teacher demonstration, student experimentation and performance, both individually and as a group.