Psychoneurenergenetics and Neurofeedback : A Bridge Between East and West?
This workshop is designed to provide the neurofeedback provider with a radically different view of the therapeutic approach to the neurofeedback training process and it’s relation to ancient mental training practices, like mindfulness meditation.
Participants will leave with:
1. tools for implementing the psychoneurenergetic approach in their everyday practice
2. ways to aid clients to solidify gains through home practice (relax response, mindfulness)
3. tools for effecting personal transformation in their roles as practitioners
1. Name two ways to implement the psychoneurenergetic approach to neurofeedback session.
2. Name the two home practices used to solidy gains.
3. Describe one of the two home practices in psychoneurenergetics.
4. What are the features of psychoneurenergetics that define it as a distinct field of study?
5. Name two differences and two similarities between western neuroscience and Buddhist meditative practices.
1. Jacobs GD, Pace-Schott EF, Stickgold R, Otto MW. Cognitive behavior therapy and pharmacotherapy for insomnia: a randomized controlled trial and direct comparison.
Arch Intern Med. 2004 Sep 27;164(17):1888-96
2. The Relaxation Response, Benson, H., William Morrow and Company, Inc. New York, 2000
3. Lama, Dalai. The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality. Morgan Road Books.2005