Plans Scripture Meditation pages
View original pdf
Plans Scripture Meditation
Navigate this page:
II. SCRIPTURE AND DISCUSSION
III. TAKING ACTION
TOPIC : KE Y VERSE OB JEC TI V ES
© 2015 SHE PROVES FAITHFUL ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WWW.
SHEPROV ES FAITHFUL COM
I. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
What are some differences between Bible study and meditation Have you ever engaged in Scripture
meditation before If so
, what was your experience like
SCRIPTURE AND DISCUSSION
Scripture meditation is an approach to letting the Word of God dwell in us richly (Colossians 3:16) and gives us the opportunity to hear God speak to us through His Word. Psalm 119:15 says, I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways The Hebrew word for meditate (siyah) is to ponder, converse (with oneself, utter, pray, speak, talk To meditate on Scripture is to ponder God’s words,
talk about them
, think and dwell on them. Unlike Eastern practices of meditation where they seek to empty the mind, our goal as Christians is to fill the mind with God’s Word. In the Bible we are commanded to meditate on His Word and goodness. The Scripture is the environment that God uses to fan into flame our love for Jesus.
1. Read Psalm 1:1-3. How does meditation help us to delight in God’s
law and grace
2. Read Psalm 119:9-11. Why is Scripture meditation important
3. Puritans thought of meditation as away to shape the mind in regards to a spiritual matter
by actively pondering it
, with the hope that it would produce fruit in their lives. Read Philippians 4:8.
- How does actively reflecting on Scripture help us grow in Christlikeness? Meditation is a beautiful opportunity for God to reveal truths about Himself and you. In meditation, expect God’s
gifts of grace
, mercy, forgiveness, and the strength to obey. Repentance maybe something else you are invited into while meditating on God’s Word.
Spend 10-15 minutes meditating on Scripture Read and reread Matthew 14:22-33, where Jesus walks on water. Enter the place of Scripture. Engage your senses. Observe. Where is Jesus What is he doing What is he saying to you
- What words) spoke
to you most in this passage
- What new truth about God or myself does this passage reveal
sin might I need to confess
KE Y VERSE
OB JEC TI V ES :
God’s Word Plan 3: Scripture Meditation Psalm 119:15 1. Understand what Scripture meditation is and is not.
2. Develop biblical conviction to meditate on Scripture.
3. Learn a tool for meditating upon Scripture.
Share with your friends:
The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2022
hope that it