- ECG sensors work well without skin contact (over shirt)
- Crowd-source brain wave by transmiting data over cellphones
- Company: Neurovirgin
Andrew Kogelnik, diagnostics: http://su-etherpad.com/core-Jul15-MED
Internet of Things, David Orban: http://su-etherpad.com/Jul22-The-Internet-of-Things
We must set robots free if we are to be free.
IBM Almaden Tour: http://su-etherpad.com/workshop-Jul22-IBM-Site-Visit
New technology will make storage devices much smaller and much faster.
Anticipating and Influencing the Future, Peter Bishop: http://su-etherpad.com/workshop-Jul26-Anticipating-and-Influencing-the-Future
- You can't predict the future, you should anticipate it. You can't control the future, you can influence it.
- Disagrees with Ray Kurzweil. A disruptive event/tech is S-curve not a pure exponential. It reaches a new steady state.
- Pure exponential is the result of successive disruptive events
- Leaders are the people that takes society away from a lower maximum towards a higher maximum, which is not in a strait line (\"Creative destruction\")
- Prediction=one future, Forecast=several possible futures, foresight=combined (\"strategic foresight\")
- It is ok to make assumptions. The next step is to challenge the assumption and not just make it