INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE - Study tour in Tanzania in 1971 to study both multilateral and bilateral development cooperation, provided by the Finnish Foreign Ministry;
- Study tours to India 1965 and 1973;
- Visits in Peru 1975 and Mexico 1975 and 1977;
- Advisory member of the Finnish delegation to UN General Assembly in New York 1965, 1966, 1967, 1970, 1972, 1974 and 1975;
- Member of Finnish Delegations to
- the UN Conference on Human Environment in Stockholm, 1972,
- the World Population Conference in Bucharest, 1974,
- the World Conference of International Women's Year in Mexico City 1975,
- the UN Conference on Science and Technology for Development in Vienna 1979,
- the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing 1995;
- - Human Rights education seminar in Racine, USA 1978;
- The NGO Forum at the UN Conference on International Decade for Women in Copenhagen, July 1980;
- Member of Finnish Delegations to the General Conferences of UNESCO 1976-82;
- Finnish Delegate to the UN Committee of Information 1979, 1980, 1981 and 1982;
- UNITAR-seminar on "Creative Women in Changing Societies" in Oslo, July 1980;
- European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI) Conferences in Milan 1978 and Budapest 1981;
- IPRA General Conferences in Turku 1975, Oaxtepec 1977, Györ 1983, Sussex 1986, Groningen 1990 and Tampere 2000;
- Forum 85 and the UN World Conference on International Decade for Women in Nairobi 1985;
- World Council of Churches, CICARWS World Consultation, November 1986, Larnaca, Cyprus;
- World Congress of Women in Moscow 1987;
- Society for International Development, 19th World Conference, March 1988, New Delhi;
Symposium on “Women’s voice in the North-South Dialogue - Strategies for interdependence and solidarity”, Council of Europe, Barcelona, 30-32 May 1988.
- International Meeting "Women, Peace, Ecology", Moscow, June 1-5, 1989;
- Consulting assignment at the UN International Research and Training Institute for Advancement of Women, INSTRAW, July 1989, Santo Domingo;
- Africa-Europe Encounter in Porto Novo, Benin, 31.8.-3.9.1989, organized by Council of Europe, OAU and the World Social Prospects Association.
- The International Interdisciplinary Congresses on Women in Groningen 1984, Dublin 1987, New York 1990, Costa Rica 1993, Tromsö, Norway 1999, and Kampala, Uganda 2002.
- Global Assembly on Women and the Environment, “Partners in Life”, Miami, Florida 1991.
- The World Women’s Congress for a Healthy Planet, Miami, Florida, 1991.
- The First International Minoan Celebration of Partnership, Heraklion Crete, Greece, October 4-11, 1992.
- The World Conference on Human Rights, NGO Forum, Vienna 1993.
- The seminar for Baltic Women in preparation for the IV UN World Conference on Women as initiator and leader in Kemeri-Turku 1994,
- UN 50 Signing the UN Charter: Celebrations; National Convention of the UNA/USA; 35. Anniversary Plenary of the World Federation of the UN Associations, San Francisco 26-30.6.1995
- The Head of WFUNA Delegation to the Fourth UN World Conference on Women and the NGO Forum in Beijing 1995;
- The Annual Conferences of the International Association for Feminist Economics, Washington, DC 1996, Mexico City & Taxco 1997, Amsterdam 1998, Istanbul 2000 and Oslo 2001.
- Frö&frukter (Seeds&Fruits), Nordic Conference on Women Studies by The Nordic Institute for Women's Studies and Gender Research, Oslo, Norway, 21-23.11.1996
- “Är våld manligt?” Konferens om män och våld av Svenska Arbetsmarknadsministeriet, Stockholm 15.01.1997.
Women and Men in Dialogue, Baltic- Nordic Conference in Valmiera, Latvia, August 1997, leading a workshop on “Violence against Women”.
- “Domestic Violence in Latin America and Caribbean, Costs, Programs and Policies”. Inter-American Development Bank, Washington D.C. 20-23 October 1997.
- UNESCO Expert Group Meeting “Male Roles and Masculinities in the Perspective of a Culture of Peace”, Oslo 24-28 September 1997.
- Expanding People’s Spaces in the Globalizing Economy, as the Chair of preparation Group for IGGRI Conference in Hanasaari, Espoo, Finland, September 1998,
- Women’s Studies and Gender Research in the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Mapping the Situation. University of Latvia, Riga, October 1998,
- International Forum “Biocentric Values for the Millennium - The New Renaissance Bio-Environment - Bio-Culture”, organized by Biopolitics International Organization, St.Petersburg, October 1-5, 1999.
- Women’s Strategies & Politics in Transition Seminar, organized by School of Politics Aleksandra Kollontai and NCRB - A Network for Crisis Centres for Women in the Russian/Barents Region Project. Nevsky Institute of Language and Culture, St. Petersburg, May 2000.
NGO-participant in the United Nations General Assembly 23. Special Session on Beijing+5, New York, June 2000
- As NGO-participant in the Regular Sessions of the UN Commission on Status of Women Sessions in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
- Three presentations in World Social Forum in Mumbai, India, 2004.
- NGO participant in the 49th Special Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women on the Beijing+10, March 2005.
BOOKS 1. Syö elääksesi (Eat to your Health), Helsinki 1963.
2. Ihmisen puolustus (In Defence of Human Dignity), Juva 1981.
3. What Does the United Nations Mean to Women? A booklet reviewing on how the women's issues have changed in the UN System within forty years of history UN/NGLS Geneva 1985.
4. UNDP - YK:n kehitysyhteistyön sydän (UNDP - The Heart of the UN Development co-operation). A booklet published by the Finnish UN Association, Helsinki 1985.
5. Vallan vaihto - (Shift of Power. A woman's reflections on politics, economics and future.) A collection of articles in Finnish, Helsinki 1988.
5. Making Women Matter. The Role of the United Nations. Together with Jeanne Vickers. London 1990, second and third expanded and updated editions in 1994 and 1996. Zed Books in cooperation with the UN International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women, INSTRAW, and the UN Non-governmental Liaison Service, Geneva.
6. United Nations and the Advancement of Women. The role of the Nordic countries to promote efforts by the UN system for advancement of women. Together with Ingrid Eide of Norway. The Nordic UN Project. Report No 16:1990. Stockholm 1991.
7. Näkymätön näkyväksi. Naiset ja YK.(From Invisible to Visible. Women and the UN.) Ministry for Social welfare and Health. Series A: Research reports 2/1991. Helsinki 1991.
8. Silmät auki Eurooppaan. (Looking at Europe) Information and discussion on European integration. Kääntöpiiri, Helsinki 1992. Second updated and expanded edition 1993.
9. Engendering the Global Agenda: A Success Story of Women and the United Nations. INSTRAW Occasional Paper Series No.1. Santo Domingo 1999.
10. Naiset ja YK. Vuosikymmenien menestystarina.(Women and the United Nations.
A SuccessStory during Decades), Published by the Finnish Foreign Ministry/Edita, Helsinki 2001; 2. updated and revised edition 2006. http://formin.finland.fi/kehityspolitiikka/julkaisut/Naiset_YK
11. Engendering the Global Agenda: The Story of Women and the United Nations. DevelopmentDossier published by the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service, Geneva 2002.
13. Mikä meitä yhdistää – ihmisyys ja perusarvot (What we have in Common – Human Dignity and Basic Values) PS-Publishing, Jyväskylä 2003.
14. The Unfinished Story of Women and the United Nations. Development Dossier published by the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service, Geneva 2007
(Profoundly expanded, revised and updated 2. edition of the 2002 version.)