5. Provide one word to describe the author’s attitude in this article.
6. Provide two details from the text to support your answer; you can use direct quotes.
7. Does the attitude/toneof the article shift? How does it shift? (from what to what?)
8. What was the author’s purpose in writing this source? What did s/he want us to think or do based on having read it?
9. Provide three details from the text to support your answer?
10. Would you most likely defend, qualify, or challenge the major argument in this article (thesis from #1)? Do that in one sentence here—be sure to use at least two details from the text to support your answer.
11. How does this article/topic connect to other information you know about?
12. How does the topic impact or effect those involved?
13. What is the most striking quote, fact, or statistic that you read in this article? Why?
Provide multiple examples of parallelism from this text.