8. T—F An Islamic Empire claimed territory as far west as the present day country of
9. T—F Once Islam took hold in the Middle East, trade between countries in Asia and
10. T---F A caliph was a religious leader whose sole responsibility was to conduct
prayers during Ramadan.
11. T—F By 1258, the Mongols had seized the city of Baghdad.
12. T---F Arab society was probably one of the most egalitarian of its time.
13. T—F Men were not allowed to marry more than one wife in Islamic Society.
14. T—F Islamic society preserved and spread scientific and philosophical
achievements of the ancients.
15. The Art and Architecture of Islam is a good example of cultural diffusion as it blended all of the following cultures EXCEPT:
16 ”The man who serves other deities besides God is like him who falls from heaven and is snatched by
birds or carried by the wind to some far-off region.” --Qur’an
In the last line, who is said to fall from heaven?