Ben Franklin: What a Character!
Original Version: http://www.nps.gov/inde/forteachers/classrooms/ben-franklin-what-a-character.htm
**Essential Question and Objective(s)
This should include the lesson’s objective or what question the students should be able to answer at the end of the lesson. This section should also include a quick description of what the students will experience in the lesson. (100 characters maximum)
1. Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT) analyze how specific word choices shape meaning or tone;
2. SWBAT cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
3. SWBAT determine central ideas or themes of a text; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
4. SWBAT use information gained from illustrations (i.e. photos and primary sources) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text;
5. SWBAT engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own ideas clearly.
**Lesson Grade Level: (Check One of the following) ___ Lower Elementary: Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd Grade