2. Periods are ___elements_____ that run from ___left____ to _right______.
3. Elements in the same period have something in common.______________________.
4. Every element in the first period has __1______ shell for its _outershell______. Every element in
the second period has ______2____ for its _____outershell______. See the pattern?
5. Groups are ___elememts____ that run from __top____ to __bottom_______.
6. The elements of a group have the same number of _____electrons_______ in their ____outer_______
group two has _______2____ electrons in its outer shell.
8. Hydrogen is special because it can act like two groups, _____1_____ and ____7_____.
9. Hydrogen sometimes is __missing____________ an electron and sometimes it has an
10.Although helium has only ___2_______ electrons in its outer shell, it is grouped with
elements that have ________8________.
11. The green elements on this table are called _____nonmetals_______ elements. They each have two electrons in their outer shell.
GETTIN'' TOGETHER WITH THE FAMILIES!!!!
Use this site to fill in the blanks below: