2. Periods are _____rows___ that run from ___left____ to ___right____.
3. Elements in the same period have the same _same number of atomic orbitals._______________________.
4. Every element in the first period has ____one orbital ____ shell for its ___electrons____. Every element in
the second period has ____two orbitals ______ for its _____electrons______. See the pattern?
5. Groups are _________columns______ that run from ___top___ to ___bottom______.
6. The elements of a group have the same number of ______electrons______ in their ____orbital_______
7. Every element in group one has ____one_____ electron in its outer shell. Every element in
8. Hydrogen is special because it can act like two groups, ____1______ and ____7_____.
9. Hydrogen sometimes is _____missing___________ an electron and sometimes it has an
10.Although helium has only _____2_____ electrons in its outer shell, it is grouped with
elements that have _____8___________.
11. The green elements on this table are called _____transition_______ elements. They each have
two electrons in their outer shell.
GETTIN'' TOGETHER WITH THE FAMILIES!!!!
Use this site to fill in the blanks below: