Cradle of Civilization Tigris River Euphrates River
Stylus Scribe Epic of Gilgamesh
Cunniform Polytheistic Monotheistic
Sargon Hammurabi Babylon
King Solomon King Nebuchadnezzar Jerusalem
Satrap King Cyrus King Darius
Ziggarut Zoroaster Royal Road
Immortals Mesopotamia City-State
The Big Picture
The Mesopotamia General Map
The Detailed Map
2. What was the Phoenician product desired by monarchs?
3. What was the chief building material used the Fertile Crescent?
4. Why did the Babylonians study astrology?
5. What was the stylus?
6. What were ziggurats and who built them?
7. Who built the Hanging Gardens and why?
8. What group of people were the harsh, cruel conquerors of the Fertile Crescent?
9. Who was the leader responsible for a code of laws?
10. What was the first great civilization of the Middle East?
11. Why were the Hebrews a unique people of the Middle East?
12. What is the epic of Gilgamesh?
13. Mesopotamia is located in what present-day country?
14. Who was the ruler who united the Persian empire?
15. Who spread Middle Eastern civilization throughout the Mediterranean?
16. What kind of government did the Sumerians have?
17. What was the Sumerian form of writing called?
18. What group of people built the largest empire yet seen in the ancient world?
19. What were the contributions of the
20. What city was the center of Sumerian civilization?
21. What is the arc of land that lies between the Tigris & Euphrates rivers?